Saturday 26 October 2013

A New Poll: The Ridge is Dead! Long Live the Ridge!

Thanks to everyone who participated in last week's poll! It ended with an interesting four-way tie between Buenos Aires, Brussels, Brisbane, and Bamako. Maybe Walking With Freddie will select one of those cities for another impromptu getaway. In the meantime, we'll always have Paris *...

... which takes us to this week's poll, inspired by this post and the loss of Vancouver's wonderful Ridge Theatre. All of the poll choices are films that have been featured in Ridge special screenings, at one time or another.** While it's impossible to cover all tastes and genres in a mere seven days, I hope that if none of your personal favourites are up here, you'll just imagine you haven't seen a movie in forever, and you're dying to see something!

Just added ... bonus weekend matinées! See two Ridge features! :)

*Which of the movies in this week's poll does this line come from?

**They're also films your festival program director has actually seen. In honour of this post, I considered including Scarface, but I've only seen clips. How strong a stomach does one need to sit through it??


May the Zen of Freddie be with you!


2 comments:

  1. I voted for "Annie Hall," but that's only because I've seen some of the others, such as "Casablanca," "The Wizard of Oz," and "The Godfather" on the big screen reasonably recently.

    I think I can quote from each movie: "Round up the usual suspects"; "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"; "Put your foot on my heart"; "Every morning you greet me"; "What did the Romans ever do for us?" "How do you say 'banana daquiri'?"; "Dammit, Janet."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, one of my quotations, "How do you say banana daquiri," is actually from a different movie.

      Delete

What say you?